[Pl-seminar] Fwd: IBM Programming Languages Day updates (please distribute)

Mitchell Wand wand at ccs.neu.edu
Wed May 9 13:33:28 EDT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Shriram Krishnamurthi <sk at cs.brown.edu>
Date: Wed, May 9, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Subject: Fwd: IBM Programming Languages Day updates (please distribute)
To: Shriram Krishnamurthi <sk at cs.brown.edu>

Note:

- changed date
- registration process below
- Web meeting support

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Julian Dolby <dolby at us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, May 9, 2012 at 11:38 AM
To: questions at nepls.org, ccshan at cs.rutgers.edu, Stephen Fink <
sjfink at us.ibm.com>

 Preparations for IBM Programming Languages Day are continuing.
Thanks to those who submitted abstracts; we plan to decide by the end
of May which to accept.  And please do "register" as soon as possible
by sending e-mail to dolby at us.ibm.com if you plan to attend; this does
apply to IBMers as well as outsiders.  Registration allows us to get
an accurate count to plan refreshments, and to register all "guests"
with IBM security.

Two annoucements:

1) Due to a scheduling conflict, PL Day is moving one day earlier,
i.e. to Thursday, June 28.  I apologize for any confusion this causes.

2) Based on requests, we do plan to support people calling in.  We
shall set up a Web meeting; details to be forthcoming.

-- Julian