[Pl-seminar] Fwd: NEPLS on Dec 2

Aaron Turon turon at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Nov 30 14:01:03 EST 2009

Dear NEPLS Members,

We're looking forward to hosting NEPLS at MIT this coming Wednesday,
December 2. If you plan to come (especially if you want lunch!), but
haven't already sent us your confirmation, please do so as soon as
possible. For your convenience, we are appending the reply form and
the email address to send the reply to below.

The meeting will begin at 10:00am, and end at 4:30pm. The schedule,
which you should have already received from Martin, is appended again
below.

The meeting will be held in the Grier Room, 34-401; there's a map
online showing the location here:
http://whereis.mit.edu/?mapterms=34-401&mapsearch=go.

Directions to MIT are available here:
http://whereis.mit.edu/directions.html. The Red Line subway stop
(Kendall) is a few hundred yards away. We have some limited parking
that we can arrange for those who have requested it in advance (using
the reply form below).

If you plan to stay over night, you'll find several hotels in the
area. The nicest and most convenient (but not the cheapest) is the
Kendall Hotel (http://www.kendallhotel.com/).

Looking forward to seeing you!

Regards,

--Daniel Jackson, Armando Solar-Lezama and Martin Rinard

Reply form
Please send to Maria Rebelo (mr at csail.mit.edu)

 [ ] I will attend NEPLS and need parking for [ ] car(s).
 [ ] I will attend NEPLS and need lunch.
 [ ] I will attend NEPLS. I don't need parking; don't buy lunch for me.

Schedule

10:00 Greg Sullivan: Symmetric Multimodal Intelligent IDEs, Framework Adoption
10:20 Suad Alagic: The OO/XML mismatch: Is there a logic-based solution?
10:40 Break
11:10 David van Horn: Resolving and Exploiting the k-CFA Paradox
11:30 Onnie Lynn Winebarger: Schemerel, or a relational Scheme
11:50 Maurice Herlihy: Coarse-Grained Transactions
12:10 Lunch
1:40 Jonathan Edwards: Co-action
2:00 Yannis Smaragdakis: Does This Guarantee of Termination Make My
Program Look Fat?
2:20 Break
2:50 Perry Cheng: Can FPGAs provide significant performance boosts to
garbage collection?
3:10 Michael Greenberg: Contracts Made Manifest
3:30 Break
4:00 Hai Liu: An Ode to Arrows
4:20 Discussion