[Pl-seminar] NEPLS: Thurs 5 March at MITRE (New England Programming Languages and Systems Symposium)

Joshua D. Guttman guttman at mitre.org
Mon Mar 2 11:39:53 EST 2009

Well, the weather's not so good today, but it should be fine
by Thursday.  So please let me know (if you haven't yet) if
you can come join us for NEPLS.

The talks will run from 10 till 4:15 or so.

Please let me know your name, citizenship, and dietary
constraints.

        Joshua

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's a pleasure to invite you to the next New England
Programming Languages and Systems Symposium (NEPLS) meeting,

        10:00 -- 4:30
        Thursday 5 March

to be held at The MITRE Corporation.  The preliminary
schedule is below.

MITRE is located at

        202 Burlington Rd, Bedford, MA 01730

which is about a half hour drive northwest from Boston.  We
will meet in the MITRE Center ("C" building), room 2C 130.

If you can attend, please let me know:

        Your name and names of anyone coming with you

        Whether you (and they) are a US citizen

        For non-US citizens, your country of citizenship
        (I'll fill out a little form, and ask you to bring
        passport or green card)

        Any dietary constraints on lunch

Looking forward to seeing you!

        Joshua

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We're located just off Route 3, one exit north of I-95.
We're basically across the street (Burlington Rd, Rt 62)
from Sun Microsystems.  It's accessible via the 351 MBTA
bus, about 45 minutes from Alewife Station.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
             New England Programming Languages
                   and Systems Symposium
                          (NEPLS)

                   Thursday, 5 March 2009

                   The MITRE Corporation
                     202 Burlington Rd
                     Bedford, MA 01730

                           2C 130

10:00 -- 11:00 Guy Steele, Sun Microsystems Laboratories

      	       The Future Is Parallel: What's a Programmer to Do?
	       Breaking Sequential Habits of Thought

11:00 -- 11:30 Break

11:30 -- 12:00 Martin Bravenboer and Yannis Smaragdakis,
      	       University of Massachusetts

	       Screaming Fast Declarative Pointer Analysis
	       (Look Ma, no BDDs!)

12:00 -- 12:20 Shriram Krishnamurthi, Brown University
      	       (jointly with Danny Yoo, Emmanuel Schanzer, Kathi Fisler)

      	       Putting Functions into Functional Programming

12:20 -- 1:30  Lunch

1:30 -- 2:00   Ryan Wisnesky and Gregory Malecha, Harvard University
      	       Certified Systems Development in Ynot

2:00 -- 2:30   Jan-Willem Maessen, Sun Microsystems Laboratories
     	       The Extraordinary Algebra of List Comprehensions

2:30 -- 3:00   Break

3:00 -- 3:30   Arjun Guha, Shriram Krishnamurthi and Trevor Jim
     	       Brown and AT&T Labs Research

	       Intrusion Detection for Ajax Applications

3:30 -- 4:00   Jean Yang and Armando Solar-Lezama (MIT)

     	       Synthesizing Robustness in Log Processing Programs

4:00 -- 4:15   Business meeting

--
	Joshua D. Guttman
	The MITRE Corporation