[Pl-seminar] NEPLS: CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

John Clements clements at brinckerhoff.org
Fri Feb 6 17:22:31 EST 2004

The NEPLS committee is proud to announce a preliminary schedule for the
upcoming meeting.

NEPLS, 2004-02-24, Northeastern University

10:00 - Olin Shivers (Georgia Institute of Technology), "Bottom-up
beta-reduction: uplinks and lambda-DAGs" (invited)
11:00 - Kim Bruce (Williams College), "Thoughts on Subtypes vs.
Inheritance"
11:30 - Kevin Hamlen (Cornell University), "Which Security Policies Can
Rewriters Enforce?"
12:00 - ** Lunch
13:00 - Carl Offner (HP Cambridge Research Laboratory), "TStreams, a
New Language for Parallel Computation"
13:20 - Jonathan Edwards (Massachusetts Institute of Technology),
"Example-Centric Programming"
13:40 - Christopher Diggins, "Reintroducing Modules into an
Object-Oriented Language"
14:00 - Stephen Freund (Williams College), "Exploiting Purity for
Atomicity"
14:30 - J. J. Hallett (Boston University), "Programming Examples
Needing Polymorphic Recursion"
15:00 - ** Coffee Break
15:30 - Matthew Fluet (Harvard University), "Encoding Regions"
15:45 - Dale Vaillancourt (Northeastern University), "Relating
Backtracking Monads"
16:00 - Sa Cui (Boston University), "Enforcing Static Access Control
with Guarded/Asserting Types"
16:15 - Peter Neergaard (Brandeis University), "Intersection Types:
Idempotent is Potency "
16:30 - ** Extremely Short Business Meeting

As you can see, we have a very strong program, and we look forward to
seeing all of you on the 24th.  However, in order to accommodate you,
we need to know how many of you to buy lunch for.

Instructions for attendees: reply to this e-mail.

Instructions for vegetarians: reply to this e-mail, setting the Subject
line to 'Vegetarian'.

Instructions for those with other dietary restrictions: as above,
setting the Subject line to the most appropriate possible summary.

Please note that a procmail filter will guide this message to a mailbox
that human eyes do not survey, so please do not put anything of
importance in the body of the message.

If at all possible, please try to indicate your attendance on or before
the 13th; the earlier we hear from you, the more graciously we can
prepare a spot for you.

We look forward to seeing you here,

John Clements