[Pl-seminar] NEPLS in four days!

Timothy John Hickey tim at cs.brandeis.edu
Fri Oct 17 10:05:31 EDT 2003

Call for Participation -- NEPLS Symposium
When: Tuesday October 21st, 10-4
Where: Brandeis University, Hassenfeld Conference Center
Why:  Great talks, exciting conversation, free lunch!

The 10th New England Programming Languages and Systems symposium will
be held from 10am to 4:15pm on Tuesday, October 21 at Brandeis
University in Waltham, MA.

The program features  Erik Meijer from Microsoft, WebData as the
Keynote speaker,
as well as seven regular talks.  After the keynote,
Dan Dougherty and Chiyan Chen will speak about typing issues,
then we'll have a (free) buffet lunch. After lunch
Norman Ramsey will provide us with his long awaited talk on Quick C--
and Manos Renieris will tell us about his recent work on Fault
Localization.
After a long coffee break, we'll conclude the day with three talks.
Narendran Sachindra will present his new GC method,
Darko Marinov will describe his Object Equality profiling/optimization
tool,
and finally John Ridgway will talk about Programming Language tools.
It promises to be an exciting day and we look forward to seeing you
there!

More details, including the abstracts for the talks, are available at
the NEPLS website:
       http://www.nepls.org
(Thanks to Shriram Krishnamurthi for the website!)

Directions to the NEPLS Symposium at Brandeis are available at
   http://www.cs.brandeis.edu/~tim/nepls.html

We would appreciate  a quick RSVP to the email if you are planning to
attend.

We look forward to seeing you at NEPLS-X.

                                          Tim Hickey
                                          tim at cs.brandeis.edu

                                          Harry Mairson
                                          mairson at cs.brandeis.edu

**  Program for the 10th NEPLS Symposium
**  at Brandeis University

   09:00-10:00 Coffee and Muffins for early birds

   10:00-11:00 Erik Meijer, Technical Lead, Microsoft, WebData
     Programming with Rectangles, Triangles, and Circles

   11:00-11:30  Dan Dougherty, Worcester Polytechic Institute
     Controlling Gemini capsules: classical logic, intersection types
and strong normalization

   11:30-12:00  Chiyan Chen and Hongwei Xi, Boston University
     A Typed Approach to Multiple Inheritance

   12:00- 1:00 Lunch:  (Please RSVP so we know if we should order some
extra food!)

   01:00-01:30 Norman Ramsey, Harvard University,
     Engineering Calling Conventions in the Quick C-- Compiler
Infrastructure

   01:30-02:00 Manos Renieris, Brown University,
     Fault Localization

   02:00-02:30 Coffee and Cookies

   02:30-03:00 Narendran Sachindran, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
     Title- Mark-Copy: Fast copying GC with less space overhead

   03:00-03:30 Darko Marinov, MIT
     Object Equality Profiling

   03:30-04:00 John Ridgway, University of Massachussetts, Amherst
     The How of Programming Language Research -- Starting Point for a
Discussion

   04:00-04:10 Brief Business Meeting