[Pl-seminar] Semantics Seminar Schedule

Mitchell Wand wand at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Oct 7 11:40:31 EDT 2003

NU Programming Languages Seminar
Wednesday, October 8, 2003
206 Egan  Hall, Northeastern University
    (building 60 on http://www.campusmap.neu.edu/)
1145-145. Bring your lunch.

Mitch Wand
Understanding Aspects

We report on our adventures in the AOP community, and suggest a
narrative to explain the main ideas of aspect-oriented programming.
We show how AOP as currently practiced invalidates conventional
modular program reasoning, and discuss a reconceptualization of AOP
that we hope will allow an eventual reconciliation between AOP and
modular reasoning.

[This is a presentation of an invited talk given at ICFP 2003.
Position paper at ftp://ftp.ccs.neu.edu/pub/people/wand/papers/icfp-03.ps
Slides at http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/wand/papers/icfp-03-slides.ppt
]

Upcoming Events:

10/15: open

10/23: Paul Attie: Dynamic Input-Output Automata

10/29: Jeff Palm: AspectJ

11/5: Richard Cobbe: Environmental Acquisition

11/12: Theo Skotoniotis

11/19: Dale Vaillancourt: Separation Logic

12/2: Greg Pettyjohn: Cocoon

12/9: Phillipe Meunier

--Mitch