[Pl-seminar] IBM Watson PL Day: Call for Participation

Shriram Krishnamurthi sk at cs.brown.edu
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 20:26:25 -0400 (EDT)

[Please be sure to follow the registration instructions in the message
 -- I will ignore ones sent to me instead.  --sk]

                Call for Registration and Participation

        Third Annual Programming Languages Day at IBM Research
                     (Jointly with NEPLS and NJPLS)
                            May 7, 2002
               IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, Hawthorne

The third annual Programming Languages Day will be held this May 7th
at the IBM T.J. Watson Research Center in Hawthorne, New York from 10am
to 4pm.  We have an exciting program with an invited lecture by Matthias
Felleisen and six speakers selected from the many abstracts submitted.

In order to make sure that we have enough food and seating, PLEASE
RESERVE if you are planning to attend by emailing grama@us.ibm.com,
providing your name and institution.

The program is as follows:

        Matthias Felleisen: Keynote

        Darko Marinov, MIT:
        An Analyzable Annotation Language

        Dominic Duggan, Stevens Institute of Technology:
        Cryptographic Types

        Perry Cheng, IBM Research:
        A Defragmenting, Mostly Non-moving Garbage Collector

        Scott Stoller, SUNY Stonybrook:
        Generation of Environments for Distributed Systems

        Dan Grossman, Cornell University:
        Cyclone: A Safe Language at the C Level of Abstraction

        Nadeem Abdul Hamid, Yale University:
        A Syntactic Approach to Foundation Proof-Carrying Code

More information will soon be available at
http://www.research.ibm.com/compsci/plansoft/plday/plday2002/plday.html

We hope to see you on May 7th!
Regards,

Kathleen Fisher, AT&T Research