[PL-sem-jr] Paper critique session

Ming-Ho Yee yee.mi at husky.neu.edu
Wed May 23 15:00:17 EDT 2018

Dear all,

We will be taking a break from Coq next week or the week after, to critique
and help improve Ben Chung's ECOOP paper for the camera-ready deadline.
Title and abstract are at the end of this email.

(Note that we still have our regular meeting tomorrow.)

If you'd like to provide feedback (and non-juniors are welcome!), please
fill out the following poll with your availability:
https://www.when2meet.com/?6918406-lXGKl. I'll follow up when we have a
room booked.

The plan is to read the paper and prepare feedback before the meeting. Ben
suggests one or more of the following:

1. a quick skim of the paper
2. focusing on sections 1, 2, 3 (short, tells a story)
3. focusing on sections 4, 5 (longer, more technical, also tells a story)
4. focusing on section 4 (main technical content)

At the meeting, we'll start with a quick discussion of the paper's content,
and then take turns to give feedback. Try to choose feedback that other
people can learn from, and save the low-level details for discussing with
Ben offline.

Thanks!
Ming-Ho

------

TITLE: KafKa: Gradual Typing for Objects