[PL-sem-jr] planning meeting recap

Sam Caldwell samc at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Oct 6 17:40:45 EDT 2016

During the planning meeting we decided we most want to learn more about
dependent types. (The second most popular topic is logic programming.)

Since we agree we are less interested in reading the dense material on the
topic, we are going to start by playing around on the implementation side.
So we are going to try out Stephanie Weirich's pi-for-all tutorial[1]. For
next week watch the "Lecture 1" videos (on the OPLSS website[2]) and look
gauge how valuable the reading materials in/linked from the repo are (such
as from the notes[3] files).

- Sam

[1] https://github.com/sweirich/pi-forall
[2]