[PL-sem-jr] Topic for 2 weeks from now

Jonathan Schuster schuster at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Jan 28 08:36:20 EST 2016

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 10:44 PM, Sam Caldwell <samc at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> I like all of these suggestions. Does anyone know any more "foundational"
> papers on static analysis we might look at?

Nielson, Nielson, and Hankin's "Principles of Program Analysis" book might
have pointers to some foundational things - there's probably a copy
floating around the lab. The field is so wide, though, that I don't think
you'll find a paper that is *the* foundation for static analysis. Cousot
and Cousot's 1977 abstract interpretation paper (from the 10PL list) is
probably the closest, but that's just for one particular approach.