[PL-sem-jr] Lattice Theory

Kevin Clancy kclanc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 12:39:45 EDT 2015

I will talk about lattice theory. A lattice is a partially ordered set for
which every finite subset has both a least upper bound and greatest lower
bound. This subject has applications to abstract interpretation, type
systems, and many other PL-related topics.

I will try to cover the basics of lattices, the connecting lemma and the
minimax theorem, as well as a discussion of an overview of different
classes of lattices, such as modular, distributive, and boolean lattices.
The material will be taken from Introduction to Lattice and Order by Davey
and Preistly.

Kevin Clancy