[PL-sem-jr] Local type inference (5/25, WVH 366, 11:00)

Brian LaChance blachanc at ccs.neu.edu
Mon May 25 08:37:30 EDT 2015

Local type inference is an inference system that allows programmers to
leave out explicit type information in places that "make sense." Duplicate
code is rarely pleasant, and type inference is one way to avoid mandatory
duplication. We'll cover three aspects of this technique: its motivation,
its core technical details, and some of its limitations.