[PL-sem-jr] The syntax, semantics, and pragmatics of units (4/13, WVH 166, 12:30)

Daniel Feltey dfeltey at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Apr 13 01:40:40 EDT 2015

Units enable modular programming with program components as first class values. In contrast to other module systems units allow for separate compilation as well as dynamic and recursive linking. We will discuss how to extend typed and untyped languages to support units and consider the pragmatics of the original model of units. I will also present the design of a gradual type system supporting units.

Dan Feltey