[PL-sem-jr] PL Jr Seminar Tomorrow

Leif Andersen leif at leifandersen.net
Fri Oct 24 00:16:39 EDT 2014

Hello all, the PL Junior Seminar will be happening tomorrow, Friday, Oct.
24, 1:30-3:00 in WVH 166 (note the different time and place).

I will be giving this week's talk, on: A Unified Theory of Garbage
Collection

Garbage Collection is a form of automated memory management used by many
modern memory safe programming languages. Two different techniques for
garbage collection is tracing and reference counting. However, high
performance garbage collectors have characteristics of both methods. In
tomorrows talk, we will discuss garbage collection, both its uses and
implementations.

Hope to see you all there, besides those who are skipping...

~Leif Andersen