[PL-sem-jr] PL Jr Tomorrow, 3pm in 166

Justin R. Slepak jrslepak at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Nov 29 19:24:12 EST 2012

Title: Logical Relations (for equivalence preservation)

Abstract:
In programming languages research, we sometimes find ourselves
transforming one language into another. We often want to ensure these
transformations are semantics preserving--that running the target program
produces the same result as running the source program. In languages
with more complex properties, such as security dependencies, we also
want to know that these transformations preserve equivalence--if e_1 and
e_2 are related to each other, then the transformed e_1 and e_2 are
related. In this talk, I'll introduce logical relations, which can be
used to prove strong equivalence properties.

---
Justin Slepak
PhD student, Computer Science dept.