[PL-sem-jr] PL Jr seminar, March 30:

Justin R. Slepak jrslepak at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Mar 29 16:16:41 EDT 2012

Jamie Perconti will be talking about logical relations.

Step-Indexed and World-Indexed Logical Relations

Abstract:
This talk will pick up essentially where we left off earlier this semester when we were covering logical relations in Amal's class (apologies to any of you who are not in Amal's class).  First, we'll review what we've seen already about how to build logical relations and what kinds of things they help us prove.  Then we'll extend these techniques to handle more interesting type system and language features: to model recursive types, we'll add step-indexing to our relation; to handle mutable references, we'll index the logical relation by "possible worlds."  We will focus on these two models, but if there is time, I may touch on further generalizations of these techniques.

---
Justin Slepak
PhD student, Computer Science dept.