[PL-sem-jr] Summer Reading

Justin R. Slepak jrslepak at ccs.neu.edu
Sun Jun 10 18:42:04 EDT 2012

It's time to get PL Jr. running again. It's been proposed that we try running the summer version as more of a reading group (perhaps focusing more on classic PL papers that we really ought to get around to reading). These have been proposed as possibilities:

"Abstract models of memory management" -- Morrisett, Felleisen, Harper
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=224182

"Manticore: a heterogeneous parallel language" -- Fluet, Rainey, Reppy, Shaw, Xiao
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1248656

Lambda papers -- Steele, Sussman
(would probably lump several of them together for a single week)

"The essence of compiling with continuations" -- Flanagan, Sabry, Duba, Felleisen
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=155113

If you have any other ideas, let me know. We'll probably try to hammer out this week's choice over lunch tomorrow.

---
Justin Slepak
PhD student, Computer Science dept.