No subject

Sun Aug 26 22:07:04 EDT 2012

widening and abstract garbage collection.

This weeks seminar will last 1 hour, partially because I can't sit for any
longer, but also because I need to take off at 1:30 tomorrow.

I hope to see you there,

Phillip

--047d7b34388434162804cd745742

Tomorrow at PL Jr. we will be talking about Abstract Interpretation!<br><br=
>Abstract Interpretation is the act of running a program in an imprecise wa=
y that guarantees termination.<br><br>We&#39;ll focus on formulating a cont=
rol flow analysis by abstracting a CESK machine as described in Might and V=
an Horn&#39;s <a href=3D"http://matt.might.net/papers/vanhorn2010abstract.p=
df">Abstracting Abstract Machines</a>. From there, we&#39;ll dive into opti=
mizing these machines by way of store widening and abstract garbage collect=
ion.<br>
for any longer, but also because I need to take off at 1:30 tomorrow.<br><b=

--047d7b34388434162804cd745742--