[PL-sem-jr] PL Jr Talk Monday 12:00-2:00 WVH166

Vincent St-Amour stamourv at ccs.neu.edu
Sat Dec 10 18:47:50 EST 2011

Tony - Messaging Middleware: A semi-ad-hoc approach to Distributed Systems

Before I joined NEU last year, I had been working for about four years
on "messaging middleware", an industry response to inflexibility in
network stacks. Existing real-world approaches to group communication
are manual, arcane, and low-level. In this talk, I'll survey the state
of the art in messaging middleware, and attempt to relate a handful of
widely-used communication protocols to a general model of group
communication.