[PL-sem-jr] The PL Jr. Seminars tutorial series - Paul Stansifer: It's just semantics - Mon 10/4

Vincent St-Amour stamourv at ccs.neu.edu
Sat Oct 30 18:01:28 EDT 2010

The PL Jr. seminars' tutorial series continue next monday (11/1), with
a talk by Asumu Takikawa:

Title: Types and Programming Languages

Abstract: Type systems are a lightweight syntactic method of proving the
absence of certain kinds of program errors. Using the simply typed lambda
calculus as a base, we will explore various type systems that will let us
express programs with sophisticated features that are type safe (an idea
that we will define and prove). Topics that will be covered, time
permitting, include: recursive types, subtyping, and polymorphism.

As usual, we will meet in WVH166 from 12:30 to 2:30.

For more information:
http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/stamourv/pljr.html
https://wiki.ccs.neu.edu/display/GRADWIKI/PlSeminarJr
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=l62pp852u0sdrj9pjrc4enbgcc%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York