[PL-sem-jr] Talk tomorrow, Wed 3/17, 12:15

Vincent St-Amour stamourv at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Mar 16 13:28:17 EDT 2010

Wed 3/17 Room WVH366 12:15-13:30

Harsh - Introduction to Temporal Logic

Temporal Logic provides a formal system to describe and reason about
truth values of assertions change over time. We will see the motivation
for Temporal Logic in the context of verification of systems, especially
reactive systems (non-terminating and in most cases concurrent). I will
briefly mention the Linear and Branching Temporal Logic systems which
differ in their view of the underlying nature of time. We will go over
the syntax and semantics of Linear Propositional Temporal Logic.
Finally we will see an application of the logic.