[PL-sem-jr] PL Jr: summer session

Aaron Turon turon at ccs.neu.edu
Tue May 20 10:01:54 EDT 2008

During the planning meeting yesterday, the following points were decided:

  - we will meet on Mondays, 1-3pm, room TBD

  - the format will be largely the same as during the year, that is,
students will give talks on topics largely of their choosing

  - one difference: we are explicitly inviting people to talk about
research in progress this summer, both so that we can keep up on each
others' work and also so that those doing the work can get help and
feedback

  - we agreed that although we're not interested in trying to work
through a textbook front to back, ATTAPL (Advanced topics in types and
programming languages, Pierce ed.) seems to be a good resource for
tutorials

It would be great for everyone to talk at least once about their research.

I've updated the wiki
(https://wiki.ccs.neu.edu/display/GRADWIKI/PlSeminarJr) with the dates
for meetings over the summer.  Since not all participants were present
yesterday, we didn't try to lay out a full schedule of talks.  That
said:

** Please volunteer for talk slots on the wiki!  Just add your name
and topic next to a date that works for you.

Everyone at the meeting yesterday volunteered to give at least one
research talk and one ATTAPL talk.  Please follow through by signing
up for dates.

Cheers,
Aaron