[PL-sem-jr] PL Jr: summer session?

Aaron Turon turon at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Apr 29 10:35:39 EDT 2008

A few of us have been tossing around ideas for keeping up PLJr in some
fashion this summer.  Some possibilities include the following:

1.  Continue with the standard set up: people volunteer to give talks,
spread out through the summer.

2.  Switch to a reading group seminar (perhaps with a designated
leader each session).  This could take a couple of forms:
2a.  Assemble an assortment of papers based on what people are
interested in.  Could be topical or a grab bag.
2b.  Choose a textbook (e.g. Principles of program analysis, Advanced
types in PL, etc) and work through chapters.

3.  Since most of us here over the summer will be hard at work on
research, we could just meet up semi-regularly to discuss what we're
working on and get input.

I'm sure there are other permutations.  The main question right now:
how many of you would have time to actively (and regularly)
participate in *any* seminar activity this summer?  If you are able
and interested, please send me an email, and feel free to list
preferences for what form the seminar would take.  If there's enough
interest, I'll organize a planning meeting and we can go from there.

Cheers,
Aaron