[PL-sem-jr] Schedule

Richard Cobbe cobbe at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Mar 16 17:58:06 EST 2005

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 09:42:04AM -0500, Richard Cobbe wrote:
> PL Seminar, Jr.
> ===============
> Thursday, March 17, 2005
> 9:30-11:30 am
> WVH 166
>
> Felix will present information on intersection types.

Felix sent me this abstract for his talk tomorrow morning:

    I will give an overview of the ideas and original motivations for
    Intersection Types, and present a collection of Curry-style
    Intersection Type assignment systems for the Lambda Calculus.  Then
    I will shift gears and discuss why people care about Intersection
    Types now; specifically, I will give a sublecture on the distinction
    between Principal _Types_ and Principal _Typings_ (aka Principal
    Pairs).  Finally, I will conclude with some discussion of real world
    applications of Intersection Types (for varying values of "real
    world"), with specific focus on the language Forsythe but also some
    other attempts to merge Intersection Types with Computational
    Effects.

Richard