[linux-users] CCS email behavior

Robbie Ye robbieye at ccs.neu.edu
Fri Feb 18 22:45:36 EST 2005

To Joshua and other admins,

I'm testing my email in Linux machines. I found that CCS intercepts my
emails to Linux account. Look at the test-case 5 and 6 below. It turns out
on CCS machines, any mail to mailbox with ccs.neu.edu suffix will be
intercepted by CCS mail server.

I can live with the current settings, but just so you know it may be a
potential problem for others and LinuxFAQ doesn't mention about it.

LinuxAccount = robbieye at crew.ccs.neu.edu
CCSAccount = robbieye at ccs.neu.edu
BogusCCSAccount = robbieye at abcdefg.ccs.neu.edu <== non-existent addr
GmailAccount = robbieye at gmail.com

1) Send from Linux to CCSAccount : Received at CCS mailbox.
2) Send from Linux to LinuxAccount : Received at Linux mailbox.
3) Send from Linux to BogusCCSAccount : Send failed.
4) Send from CCS to CCSAccount : Received at CCS mailbox.
5) Send from CCS to LinuxAccount : Received at CCS mailbox. <==============
6) Send from CCS to BogusCCSAccount: Received at CCS mailbox. <==========
7) Send from Gmail to CCSAccount : Received at CCS mailbox.
8) Send from Gmail to LinuxAccount : Received at Linux mailbox.
9) Send from Gmail to BogusCCSAccount : Send failed.

Sincerely,
Robbie