[Linux-users] face browser for gdm?

Ari Pollak ari at ccs.neu.edu
Sun Sep 28 01:31:17 EDT 2003

I'm not quite sure what the practical purpose of such a feature would
be. Not only would gdm have to go searching through every single user's
home directory for a picture every time it starts (which may or may not
require gdm being root, in which case NFS will squash it), but I don't
think anyone would actually browse to their face to log in, given the
number of users available.
There has to be a better way of students being introduced to their
peers, but I don't feel this is it.