[Linux-users] interest

Tom Olson tex at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Sep 16 10:55:33 EDT 2003

Yes indeed, and I was really looking forward to getting NULUG under way too.
Here's a pretty decent-looking website on the subject of basic beginner
Linuxy-things:

http://www.tuxfiles.org/

And particularly:

http://www.tuxfiles.org/linuxhelp/cli.html

Don't be afraid to read a bit.  Linux is more work to learn than other software
you might be used to, but the payoffs are sizeable.

If you have any basic questions, there's all sorts of help out there; google is
your friend.  The crew web page (http://crew.ccs.neu.edu/) has information
about when our (I mean their) meetings are, and they're all worth going to even
if the meeting's subject matter doesn't interest you too much.  I'd say it
would be a great way to 'associate with the community', as it were.

-Tom Olson
Lowly Undergrad
UNH