[linux-users] request for gtk2, glib2, mozilla plugins

Adam Katz katz at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Mar 6 19:22:13 EST 2003

I would like to see gtk2 and glib2 on the linux beta boxes. http://gtk.org/

I plan to use this to compile a newer version of gaim-cvs in the /tmp of
one of the machines (given the fact that /tmp is never cleaned).  ...or
perhaps I should just join beta-users.

Also, mozilla's design doesn't allow for users to install plugins, so I'd
like to see prefbar and gestures installed.
http://xulplanet.com/downloads/prefbar/
http://optimoz.mozdev.org/gestures/installation.html

prefbar does not change preferences of users until they play with it, and
I'm pretty sure it doesn't even appear until it is toggled (F8 or via
Tools pulldown).  it allows things like toggling support for popups and
java.

gestures unfortunately defaults on, with the left mouse drag enabled.  I
don't see this as a barrier that would prevent installation, though.

I have installed a tiny little tool called "utok" (for Unique TOKens),
which can clean up large $PATH variables, into my home directory.
you're welcome to look at it and/or install it:
/home/katz/Linux/bin/utok
/home/katz/src/utok-2.0.2.tar.gz
(the libslack tarball in the src dir is a bunch of linux utils for
solaris, part of a failed effort of mine to get utok to compile on
solaris.)

thanks!
-adam katz