[Linux-users] [Req #30117] various problems on linux box in Cullinane, 201

Ari Pollak ari at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Jul 31 16:33:36 EDT 2003

Thanks for the report. I'll go ahead and fix the system-wide profiles on
the Linux boxes, as HOSTNAME was not being set properly.

As for the CCS help command, there are multiple issues with it, and we
chose not to support it for the time being. Your path will only be set
from your .software file, like on the Solaris machines, if you are using
a login shell e.g. "xterm -ls" or sshing into the box. .software is also
not supported on the Linux machines because it introduces many
incompatible paths and many redundant paths.

P.S. In the future, comments about Linux should be sent to the
linux-users mailing list, as it is not officially supported by Systems.