[Linux-users] syslog and pine

Kevin Falcone linux-users at lists.ccs.neu.edu
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 20:44:26 -0500

Since this list carries no traffic, jon and I decided to liven it up
tonight.

I noticed that the linux boxes weren't logging user accesses to tig
like we thought they were.  This happened because we were sending
authpriv.* to tig, but tig is listening for auth.* and priv.*
We've corrected this by sending all three alerts (and mail.*) to tig.
authpriv seems to catch things such as failed su attempts and failed
login attempts, so at some point it would be nice for tig to log
these.

to 2.53  (/arch/unix).  And I've taken the pine.conf from the solaris
machines and hopefully this will solve sreenath's problem.

xpdf 2.01 has been installed to complement acroread

latex/tex has been installed.  For some odd reason, slackware didn't
include it in the base install we did back during the summer <boggle>

If there is further software people want to see installed, your beta
privileges will work just fine on the linux boxes.

-kevin

--
Don't get suckered in by the comments -- they can be terribly
misleading.  Debug only code.