[Linux-users] so long, and thanks for the penguins...

Marc Reichman linux-users at lists.ccs.neu.edu
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 16:06:26 -0400

Well guys, it's been a fun couple of years on this project. Alas, as my
finals end and I graduate, the Linux project needs to be handed to someone
else. Lucky for me, I was able to scrounge up a couple of people. Peter
Markwosky(peterm) and Kevin Falcone(falcone) have volunteered to team up
to work on the project in the future. Going up to the labs tonight will
be my last image, which features a few little sound bugfixes and the 1.0
release of mozilla. Things on my radar that still need to get done are
the movement of more software to the /arch directories.  In the future,
some new things will probably have to be considered, like automatic
updating on bootup (a la the solaris machines). I entrust you guys, the
users, maintainers, and crew members to keep this project alive. Spread
the word, tell people of the amazing power of these machines and make
sure people give good feedback and get on the mailing lists.

Good luck to you all,
Marc