[Linux-users] welcome to the linux project.

Marc Reichman linux-users at lists.ccs.neu.edu
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 11:30:02 -0400

(I'm sending this to both lists since it seems not many of the
"interested" parties signed up to the linux-users list. please do so so
we can discuss.)

I'd like to extend a welcome to everyone who has shown interest in
working on the linux project here at crew. I have a lot planned for
this quarter, so I think it's essential that we meet asap so we can
start throwing around ideas, assigning tasks, and getting started.

For now, the tasklist I see is:

* Getting lots of software compiled to try to match the ccs environment
* Updating GNOME with the new versions as well as newer installation
systems
* Keeping kernels, X servers, and the like up to date and
stable.
* (Eventually) supporting the hardware of the new machines
when we get them

As well as this I'd like to have a few tutorial sessions where the
inexperienced can have a chance to learn some administration/user
tasks.

Sound good?

I'd appreciate it if you could write either to me or the linux-users
list (preferrably the list) a good time during the weeks for you to
meet. For me, any night except Tuesday is good. Let me know your
schedules.

Thanks a lot, and I look forward to getting this off the ground. :)

-- -marc