[Linux-users] mozilla location bar

Mark Logan linux-users at lists.ccs.neu.edu
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 17:19:36 -0500

I don't know if you guys have seen this already, but I was able to fix
the broken location bar problem on solaris by doing this (from the
mozilla site):

create the following script (and adjust LD_LIBRARY_PATH to taste):

#!/bin/sh
dist_bin=`dirname $0`
MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=$dist_bin
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$dist_bin:/arch/gnu/packages/gcc-2.95.3/lib:/arch/Xapps/lib/gdk
-pixbuf/loaders:/arch/unix/lib:/arch/Xapps/lib"
export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME LD_LIBRARY_PATH
$dist_bin/regxpcom
$dist_bin/regchrome
touch $dist_bin/chrome/user-skins.rdf $dist_bin/chrome/user-locales.rdf

run it as root.

The location bar started working.  I don't know if this will work for
linux, but its certainly worth a try.

Also, I believe use of this script may obviate the "run once as root
after installing" thing that we've been doing.

peas,
Mark