[Linux-users] RE: software and library requests

Judith A. Perrolle linux-users at lists.ccs.neu.edu
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 11:53:04 -0500 (EST)

On Dec. 6 David N. Blank-Edelman wrote:

> these machines should not be routed to the outside networks

Does this mean that users of the betaLinux machines can't make telnet,
gopher, IRC, or web connections?

If the betaLinux folks don't feel like installing the client, that's fine
- it's their project.  But if authenticated users of machines in 201 can't
telnet to upaya.soc.neu.edu:8888 and get web documents from ports 80 and
8889 I would appreciate knowing (since I'll have to revise some
assignments and send CCS students over to the library to use InfoCommon
machines.) Thanks.

Judy