[Linux-users] software and library requests

Wesley Forsythe linux-users at lists.ccs.neu.edu
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 11:10:47 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C17CB4.53316C70

Just a couple of requests for the linux lab machines. A nice =
programmer's editor that I use is called glimmer, and I think it would =
be handy to have on those machines. The webpage for it is =
http://glimmer.sourceforge.net/
Also, I was trying to do some programming on one of those machines over =
the weekend, and I got compile errors as the sockets and pthread =
libraries were not installed. Might be handy to put those on as I doubt =
that I am the only one who will work on programs requiring those =
libraries. Other then these two minor things, I really like the =
machines.=20

Wesley Forsythe
Teaching Assistant, COM 1100
forsythe@ccs.neu.edu

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C17CB4.53316C70

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Just a couple of requests for the linux =
lab=20
machines. A nice programmer's editor that I use is called glimmer, and I =
think=20
it would be handy to have on those machines. The webpage for it is <A=20
href=3D"http://glimmer.sourceforge.net/">http://glimmer.sourceforge.net/<=
/A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Also, I was trying to do some =
programming on one of=20
those machines over the weekend, and I got compile errors as the sockets =
and=20
pthread libraries were not installed. Might be handy to put those on as =
I doubt=20
that I am the only one who will work on programs requiring those =
libraries.=20
Other then these two minor things, I really like the machines. =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Wesley Forsythe<BR>Teaching Assistant, =
COM=20
1100<BR><A=20
href=3D"mailto:forsythe@ccs.neu.edu">forsythe@ccs.neu.edu</A></FONT></DIV=