[Linux-users] things in /usr/local on the linux image.

Jonathan J. Hart linux-users at lists.ccs.neu.edu
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 09:36:43 -0400 (EDT)

Those are java3d links that apparently got stow-ified.  I got confused
between softinst and stow.  I had this crazy idea that /usr/local/stow
would hold the source.  Now that I know that I know that /usr/local/stow
should be the target installation directory, where are we keeping the
source?  /usr/local/src seems to have some stuff, but there is no
consistency between /usr/local/stow and the source in /usr/local/src . Are
we keeping the source around?  If so, where?  I know somebody mentioned
adding linux as another architecture to our existing environment, but I
dunno if that ever happened.

Also, now that Nico is using berlin as her desktop machine, do we want to
have another official image machine?  If not, I'll remove the java3d mess
, stow correctly, and take an image and replace beta3.  I can put it in
the labs monday morning.

-jon