[Larceny-users] Is Larceny abandonware now?

David Rush kumoyuki at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 13:37:37 EDT 2022

So...I've been running Larceny 1.3 for quite a while now, and I use it
regularly, if in admittedly casual circumstances (a lot of music theory
calculation and occasional serious algorithmic prototyping). Today, I found
some outright bugs in the SRFI-1 implementations of the lset-* algorithms
and I thought I'd check to see if there was a new release up before I said
anything. Then I noticed that there have been no updates in five years.

Now Larceny has never had a very high release cadence, but five years does
seem like rather a long time. And the Github statistics also show
little-to-no activity for most of that same time. So is Larceny dead?
Abandoned?

I do notice that there are several forks, but are any of these a successor
project? Do I need to start porting my personal tool kit?...Just so many
questions...

david
--
GPG Public key at http://cyber-rush.org/drr/gpg-public-key.txt