[Larceny-users] Error running an external program

Athanasius perlmonk.athanasius at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 04:57:36 EDT 2015

Hello Larceny users,

I'm new to Larceny, to Scheme, and to functional programming in general.

I've installed Larceny (larceny-0.98-bin-native-ia32-win32) under
Windows 8.1 (64-bit). DEP was already set to:

   "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only"

I have a test script named "hello.scm":

    ;The first program

    (begin
       (display "Hello, World!")
       (newline))

When I run this in the REPL, it works correctly:

    C:\Users\User\Documents\Programmes\Scheme\Larceny>larceny

    Larceny v0.98 "General Ripper" (Mar  7 2015 07:45:45,
    precise:Win32:unified)
    larceny.heap, built on Sat 03/07/2015

     > (load "hello.scm")
    Hello, World!

But when I try to run it as a stand-alone script, following the
directions in the Larceny User Manual (3.2. R6RS mode), it fails:

    C:\Users\User\Documents\Programmes\Scheme\Larceny>larceny -r6rs
    -program hello

    Error: no handler for exception #<record &compound-condition>
    Compound condition has these components:
    #<record &error>
    #<record &who>
         who : "Could not locate library: "
    #<record &assertion>
    #<record &who>
         who : make-message-condition
    #<record &irritants>
         irritants : (r6rsmode)
    #<record &irritants>
         irritants : ()

    Terminating program execution.

    C:\Users\User\Documents\Programmes\Scheme\Larceny>

Where have I gone wrong?

Thanks,
Athanasius