[Larceny-users] announcing Larceny v0.98 "General Ripper"

William D Clinger will at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Mar 9 07:51:13 EDT 2015

Larceny v0.98 ("General Ripper") is (at last) available
for download at http://www.larcenists.org/

Larceny v0.98 implements almost all of the R7RS (small)
standard for the Scheme programming language, and extends
the R7RS language to provide excellent interoperability
between R7RS and R6RS libraries and programs.  The older
standards (R6RS, R5RS, and IEEE Std 1178) describe proper
subsets of R7RS Scheme as implemented by Larceny.

Larceny v0.98 also adds support for several new SRFIs,
including SRFI 101, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, and 116, and
upgrades SRFI 14 (character sets) to Unicode 7.0.0.

                                * * *

I'd like to thank Kent Dybvig who, several years ago,
upgraded Larceny's Unicode test suite to Unicode 5.1.
I also thank Matthew Flatt for allowing me to use Racket's
R6RS tests as starting point for Larceny's R7RS tests.

Kevin McLarnon wrote Larceny's DEP patch for Windows.

As usual, I thank Andre van Tonder for his implementation
of R6RS libraries and macros.  Larceny's R7RS/R6RS modes
are built upon an updated version of van Tonder's code.

Finally, I thank everyone who contributed to the R7RS
standard, especially Alex Shinn, John Cowan, and Arthur
Gleckler.

William D Clinger