[Larceny-users] Fwd: out of luck again?

David Rush kumoyuki at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 18:42:27 EDT 2012

i meant to include larceny-users in my earlier reply (which went only
to will, sorry)

On 19 March 2012 14:57,  <will at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> David Rush wrote:
>
>> It appears the my hosting provider has upgraded my hardware to run an
>> x86_64 architecture Linux Kernel 2.6.32.45. Now I have a version of
>> Larceny 0.96 "fluoridation" ... when it tries to open any of the
>> libraries which i currently use in my CGI programs, I get
>>
>> > dlopen error: /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
>>
>> If I rebuild Larceny, am I going to be able to heal this trouble? I
>> have to admit that it seems very unlikely to me.
>
> From what you wrote, I'm guessing that the dlopen is now using
> a 64-bit version of the file instead of 32-bit.  I don't think
> Larceny requires that file itself, at least not directly, so I
> think this problem is more likely to involve your code

That was my original suspicion, as I am using a custom interface to
libmysql.so; however, it shows its head well before the call to
(foreign-file "/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so"). specifically:

> (require 'unix)
dlopen error: /usr/lib/libresolv.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
ffi/load-libraries: /usr/lib/libresolv.so can't be opened.
dlopen error: /usr/lib/libresolv.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
ffi/load-libraries: /usr/lib/libresolv.so can't be opened.
dlopen error: /usr/lib/libresolv.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
ffi/load-libraries: /usr/lib/libresolv.so can't be opened.
dlopen error: /usr/lib/libresolv.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
ffi/load-libraries: /usr/lib/libresolv.so can't be opened.
dlopen error: /usr/lib/libresolv.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
ffi/load-libraries: /usr/lib/libresolv.so can't be opened.
dlopen error: /usr/lib/libresolv.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
ffi/load-libraries: /usr/lib/libresolv.so can't be opened.
dlopen error: /usr/lib/libresolv.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
ffi/load-libraries: /usr/lib/libresolv.so can't be opened.
dlopen error: /usr/lib/libresolv.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
ffi/load-libraries: /usr/lib/libresolv.so can't be opened.
In file included from /usr/include/features.h:378,
                from /usr/include/fcntl.h:27,
                from larceny-c-info.c:1:
/usr/include/gnu/stubs.h:7:27: error: gnu/stubs-32.h: No such file or directory

Error: define-c-value: : compiler error.
Entering debugger; type "?" for help.
debug>

> If you do rebuild Larceny, I'd recommend Larceny v0.97 ("Funny
> in the Head") over v0.96.

I was thinking of doing that anyway, just because. I was a little
concerned that my 32-bit 0.96 might not be able to bootstrap 0.97,
though.

david
--
GPG Public key at http://cyber-rush.org/drr/gpg-public-key.txt