[Larceny-users] Exporting 'fields'

Eduardo Cavazos wayo.cavazos at gmail.com
Tue May 18 01:02:19 EDT 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 7:48 AM, Eduardo Cavazos <wayo.cavazos at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-12-29 at 02:49 -0600, Eduardo Cavazos wrote:
>
>> I have a library which acts as a wrapper around the '(rnrs)' library.
>> I.e. it simply re-exports some stuff from rnrs plus some other things.
>>
>> In the library that I use with Ikarus and Ypsilon, I export 'fields'
>> which is used with 'define-record-type'. However, 'fields' isn't
>> exported by '(rnrs)' in Larceny.
>>
>> So... any suggestions for how to write the library portably? Should
>> 'fields' be exported by '(rnrs)'?
>
> I thought I'd mention that this issue came about while getting my 'mpl'
> project running with Larceny. Some info about mpl:
>
>    http://github.com/dharmatech/mpl/blob/master/mpl.org
>
> In particular, the library '(mpl rnrs-sans)':
>
>    http://github.com/dharmatech/mpl/blob/master/rnrs-sans.sls
>
> is what's trying to export 'fields'.
>
> It'd be great to add Larceny to the list of supported Schemes.

I was curious to see if Larceny would run the test suite so I setup a
branch which doesn't export 'fields' and other auxilliary items. It
passed all but 2 of the 227 tests. And those two are related to the
'(exp 0)' -> 1.0 behaviour. So this is good news.

The tests are at:

    http://github.com/dharmatech/mpl/blob/master/test.sls

Ed