[Larceny-users] Importing (srfi :19 time)

Felix Klock felixluser at pnkfx.org
Sat Mar 20 18:39:39 EDT 2010

On Mar 20, 2010, at 3:16 PM, William D Clinger wrote:

>> But, notice the warnings. Did you get those?
>
> Yes.  That might be related to dynamic recompilation
> by the FFI, but I'll have to check.

I think those warnings are signaled not by the FFI, but rather our load or require procedure.

They try to do some magic to load fasls rather than source code by inspecting timestamps and assuming that if the fasl's timestamp is more recent that the source file, then it is the compiled version of that source code.

The problem (I believe) is that unpacking a tarball can mess up the timestamps, so that a source file will be marked as more recent than the fasl.

-Felix