[Larceny-users] Evaluate <expr> at startup does not work for import

William D Clinger will at ccs.neu.edu
Wed May 13 10:47:45 EDT 2009

Marijn Schouten wrote:
> I noticed that it doesn't seem to work when you try to import at startup.

In Larceny, all code that is evaluated using the -e
command-line option must be written in R5 Scheme.
That allows you to load R5RS code at startup, even
if the mode is ERR5RS.

I suppose we could add an -eERR5RS command-line option,
but right now we're trying to figure out how to reduce
the number of command-line options we have to support.

In R6RS mode, of course, the -e command-line option isn't
interpreted at all.

> I would like to start larceny in a way that loads syntax-case before loading
> whatever file I want to run (also in the same command). Is that possible?

I don't think that's feasible in Larceny's ERR5RS mode.
On the other hand, it sounds as though you may be trying
to run something as a batch program, in which case R6RS
mode might work for you.

> PS My svn troubles were caused by using neon-0.28.4. I've downgraded to
> neon-0.28.3 and now svn works fine again.

Thank you for following up on that.

Will