[Larceny-users] Ports' type changes unexpectedly

William D Clinger will at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Mar 19 09:35:00 EDT 2009

I wrote:
> The fact that Larceny's binary-port? predicate returns
> true for a closed port is a bug, which we will fix.

A more careful search of R6RS library chapter 8 shows that
the R6RS allows binary-port? to return true on closed ports,
so long as closed ports are neither input ports nor output
ports (which Larceny implements correctly).

Although the R6RS does not require binary-port? to return
false on closed ports, I believe it is confusing for
binary-port? to return true on closed ports, so I still
consider that to be a bug and still intend to fix it.

Will