[Larceny-users] procedure introspection

Jose A. Ortega Ruiz jao at gnu.org
Thu Mar 12 20:51:29 EDT 2009

hi,

i have a new scheme-emacs interaction mode in the works that provides,
for scheme, functionality akin to slime's for CL. it's more or less
generic, in the sense that i can make it work with any scheme providing
the right amount of introspection. despite all the bad press it
receives, so far only guile is giving me a decent introspection API (PLT
has it too, but i have other quibbles with it). i was wondering how
larceny fares in this regard; in particular, if the interface for
'operations on procedures' described in

<http://larceny.ccs.neu.edu/doc/user-manual.html#id2542921>

were functional, i'd have much of what i need. alas, those procedures
seem to be not (yet?) implemented. so my question: are there plans to
provide them in a future version of larceny? is it just a 'simple matter
of programming' what's needed or, on the contrary, major changes in
larceny's inner workings are needed to make them real?

thanks a lot for your time,
jao
--
A student came to the master and asked, for the master was one of them
who knew such things: "Does Emacs have the Buddha nature?" The master