[Larceny-users] weird error message compiling library

Felix Klock felixluser at pnkfx.org
Mon Jun 29 17:11:43 EDT 2009

On Jun 29, 2009, at 4:58 PM, Felix Klock wrote:

> p.s. Hypothesis: it could be that the other systems do not detect
> any problem here because the make-real procedure is never invoked in
> your code base.  I believe they are more conforming to the R6RS than
> Larceny is on this particular point; I also believe there is a way
> to coax Larceny into a mode where it will still compile the code and
> ignore the latent error hidden within.  If you want me to look up
> more information about this, let me know.

Two follow-up items:

1. Will's formal comment #198 on the R6RS was relevant to this topic:

    http://www.r6rs.org/formal-comments/comment-198.txt

2. There is a compile-despite-errors switch within Twobit.

    https://trac.ccs.neu.edu/trac/larceny/wiki/DargoMode

    I do not know much about the switch, but if wanted to insist upon
compiling libraries with erroneous dead code, then that would be where
I would look.  (I am not sure whether the switch is correctly
implemented in your version of Larceny; there was a ticket (Ticket
#442) about it not working properly some months ago, but Will resolved
that problem.)

-Felix