[Larceny-users] How to lock down Larceny memory

David Rush kumoyuki at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 08:05:02 EDT 2009

I'm currently working on ODBC bindings for Larceny. Unfortunately the
ODBC standard requires the caller to manage all memory, which is a
little bit problematic. Thus far I have been able to marshall data out
of the bytevectors I am using as buffers, but I have now reached the
point where I will need to keep a bytevector pinned at the address it
has when I first push it through the FFI across many different calls
(while fetching data). I fully expect Larceny to invoke the collector
somewhere as I build up the in-memory data structures from the DB
storage, so I'd like to know how to protect my buffers from getting
moved by the collector...assuming that it can be done, that is

Thanks in advance.

david
--
GPG Public key at http://cyber-rush.org/drr/gpg-public-key.txt