[Larceny-users] Larceny really flys on boids

Eduardo Cavazos wayo.cavazos at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 10:07:31 EST 2009

Hello,

Here's an implementation of boids in Scheme:

     http://proteus.freeshell.org/_boids-c.scm

Larceny really kicks ass on this demo!

I threw the demo together really quickly and haven't optimized it at
all. There's lots of messy spots and it's naive in various places. The
thing that really blows me away is that the code is using a
message passing object system and Larceny still makes quick work of it.

Anyways, just to compare Larceny and Ypsilon again, I timed the
'iterate-system' procedure. Average time over 200 iterations:

     larceny 144ms
     ypsilon 705ms

Ed