[Larceny-users] cfdg rendering: spirales

Eduardo Cavazos wayo.cavazos at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 20:19:58 EST 2009

Hello,

Here's another cfdg rendering run by Larceny:

     http://proteus.freeshell.org/cfdg-spirales-larceny.png

On the left is the source code for the model which generates the image.

Making code portable across implementations is an interesting exercise.
:-) But if you aim for the least common denominator amongst smart
implementations, I think the result is often worth it.

The cfdg implementation is using a framework named Abstracting which I'm
hosting here:

     http://github.com/dharmatech/abstracting/tree/master

The cfdg implementation is in 'examples/cfdg'.

I'll probably be asking alot of questions regarding ways to crank the
implementation for Larceny. A very surprising result is that the demos
I've been trying are alot faster in Ypsilon. I say surprising because
I've seen benchmarks which show Larceny as faster than Ypsilon.

So, I'm aiming not just for code which simply runs across
implementations, but also runs *fast*. :-)

Ed