[Larceny-users] err5rs mode - getting imports into the repl

Eduardo Cavazos wayo.cavazos at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 16:45:55 EST 2009

Hello,

The manual says:

The first thing you'll want to do is to import some libraries, such as:

     > (import (rnrs base)
               (rnrs io simple)
               (err5rs records syntactic))

I usually run larceny via Emacs's 'run-scheme' with "larceny -err5rs" as
the scheme program. It's a hassle to paste in an import form each time I
start it up. The minimal bootstrap method I've found is to do

     (import (err5rs load))

And the 'load' a file with contains all the imports I'd like to have in
my repl.

It'd be easier to just do:

     $ larceny -err5rs some-file-with-an-import-form.scm

I've tried things like this:

     $ larceny -err5rs -- some-file-with-an-import-form.scm

and this:

     $ larceny -err5rs -- -e '(import (err5rs load))'

but they don't seem to work.

Ed